Gangster Nation has a prison and if your heat builds up you will find yourself in it! If you are in prison, other gangsters can bust you out or you can bribe the guards to let you out early.
Your heat is presented as an orange bar in the stats bar. The higher your heat is the more likely you are to end up in prison after attempting a crime. Your heat will increase as you attempt crimes. As you progress through the levels your heat will increase at a faster rate after every crime. If you get thrown into prison your heat will reset back to 0%.
When you aren’t in prison yourself, you can bust out gangsters who are in prison. You gain level points for busting and you can do so every 25 seconds so it’s a very good way to earn level points and rank up fast quickly.
You can bust other gangsters out of prison when you aren’t in prison. The chance you have of successfully busting out another gangster is shown as a green bar under their name in the prison. The maximum chance you can have for busting is 90%.
If you fail to bust an inmate out, you receive 1 level point.
If you successfully bust an inmate out, you receive points based on the inmate’s level:
- Level 1 - 10: 1 level point
- Level 11 - 20: between 1 and 2 level points
- Level 21 - 30: between 1 and 3 level points
- Level 31 - 40: between 2 and 4 level points
- Level 41 - 50: between 3 and 5 level points
Importantly, you also receive a level point bonus while on a streak of successful busts:
- Streak of 1 - 4: 1 level point
- Streak of 5 - 9: 2 level points
- Streak of 10 - 14: 3 level points
- Streak of 15 - 19: 4 level points
This bonus continues to increase for every 5 busts your streak increases which means if you’re lucky enough to reach a high streak you can gain a lot of extra level points in a short space of time.
The wait timer between Prison Busting attempts is 25 seconds.
When you are in prison the only way to come out before the timer ends is by using prison bribes or being busted out by another gangster. You can get bribes by:
- Buying them from the Black Market
- Buying them from the Auction House
- Winning them in Scratch & Wins
The Master Buster and Precision Buster accolades can be earned through busting gangsters out of prison.
- Bronze: Bust 50 people out of prison.
- Silver: Bust 500 people out of prison.
- Gold: Bust 5,000 people out of prison.
- Bronze: Reach a bust streak of 10.
- Silver: Reach a bust streak of 20.
- Gold: Reach a bust streak of 30.