Challenges is a feature which lets you race against other gangsters to earn level points. Any gangster can start a challenge, either a public challenge which anyone can join or a private one.
The main parts of a challenge are:
- The host, this is the gangster who’s started the challenge.
- The duration, for example a challenge could run for 1 hour or 12 hours.
- The wager, this is the amount everyone has to pay in who takes part in a challenge. The wager can be bullets or money.
- The bonus prize, this is an optional additional amount put up by the host to be paid out as part of the winning prizes. The bonus prize can also be bullets or money.
- The participants, everybody who’s taking part in the challenge.
- The prize fund which is made up of everybody’s wagers (if any) with the bonus prize (if any), minus tax deductions. The prizes are rewarded to the winners of the challenge, which is normally the 3 participants who earn the most level points for the duration of the challenge. In a 2-3 participant challenge, the entire prize fund goes to the winner. Some game initiated challenges may have a different number of prizes. If there’s no wager or bonus prize, then there will be no prize.
The list screen shows challenges waiting to start, challenges which are in progress and recently completed challenges. You will only see public challenges or private ones which you’ve been invited to.
If you select “Details” next to a challenge on the “List” screen, you’ll be taken to the challenge view screen.
This screen shows various pieces of information about a challenge, such as the host, start time, duration. It also shows the participants who have join and their current number of level points.
As a guest to a challenge, you have the option to join the challenge, this will require you to pay the wager if there is one. You can also then leave the challenge and have your full wager refunded. You can only join or leave a challenge up to 5 minutes before it starts, after this time you will no longer be able to join or leave.
As the host of a challenge, you have the option to invite a member (if the challenge is private) or close the challenge. You cannot invite new members or close a challenge if there is less than 15 minutes until it begins. If you close the challenge, your bonus prize will be refunded and all participant wagers will be refunded.
On this screen you can create your own challenge.
You can choose to create a private or public challenge, a private challenge will require you to invite participants whereas a public challenge anybody can join.
Any challenge created must end no later than 1 day before the current round ends.
You can only have one challenge open at a time.
Note that challenge wagers and bonus prizes are subject to tax (20% for money and 40% for bullets).
Are all level points counted towards challenges?
No, any level points gained from Mentoring or Life Insurance do not count towards your challenge gains.
What happens if nobody joins?
A challenge with 0 participants (excluding the host) will end at the start time. You are advised to close your challenge before it begins if you cannot find any participants to join.
Are dead participants eligible to win?
No, if you die you cannot win and your wager is lost.
What happens if all participants die?
If all participants die, there won’t be a winner.
Special challenges are game initiated challenges, the host appears as Butchie for these challenges.
The Weekly Challenge runs for 7 days, starting every Sunday at 10 PM. You will receive an alert inviting you to join every Thursday, with a further reminder to join 12 hours before the challenge begins if you haven’t already joined.
There is no wager required to join the Weekly Challenge and there are 10 prizes:
The top 3 winners will also gain the Weekly Challenge accolade (Gold for 1st place, Silver for 2nd place and Bronze for 3rd place).